In order to get prepared for the UK vs. Alabama game on Saturday, I felt compelled to fix a snack for Mark that was UK basketball-approved! So I tried a great recipe that I have had before (a co-worker fixed it and it was awesome).
Result: Mark LOVED it and so did I! This one is good enough to make the blog! But, let me warn you…you might want to fast the day after you eat it or run 10 miles afterwards. Not so good on the diets, but we thought we would treat ourselves.
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 a cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Original
- 1 rotisserie chicken (shredding into pieces)
- 2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese (I used less fat version)
- 1 cup of blue cheese or ranch dressing (I use Ken’s Steakhouse blue cheese)
- fresh chives or green onions to taste
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese (you don’t really need it…trust me, it has enough)
- 3/4 cup cheese (pretty much anything works here, I used mexican cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute garlic over medium low heat.
- Add chicken and Red Hot sauce and heat thoroughly.
- Layer into casserole dish.
- Melt cream cheese over medium-low heat. I am not kidding about the “low” in the description. Any hotter and you’re going to burn the cheese.
- Reduce heat and add blue cheese dressing.
- Add chives/green onions.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 10 or 15 minutes or until bubbling at the edges, and then add your cheese on top.
- Add cheese. Bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Eat with celery or tostitos or crackers!
Recipe credit: http://ladiesdotdotdot.wordpress.com/2007/08/17/912/
I think there might be a better recipe out there, so if you find it, let me know!!