Wow. What a crazy few weeks it has been. I’ll spare you – here’s the cliff notes version:
- After deciding it’s time to move back to KY, I job search (I wish this on no one)
- Job offer just before Thanksgiving – for the first time in my life I can say w/confidence I’m doing exactly what I want to do. Feels GOOD.
- Next Tuesday…Get Married announces their closing doors – last day is Friday.
- 1 month no job – packing & being Mark’s personal assistant (hey – who would blame him?) FYI daytime TV sucks AND you who’d known how much you can fit into 700 sq feet?!
- Saying goodbye to Atlanta & close friends. Spending as much time as possible with my best friend. Finally sinks in.
- Moved into my in-laws basement (hey, if you have to live with your in-laws, pray they’re as nice as mine!)
- Holidays. ’nuff said.
- Day 1 at the new job. LOVE it. In a hurry to get caught up and get rolling!
- House searching. Made an offer. (Is this seriously happening?)
Not gonna lie – it’s been a roller coaster at times….
And, well, I’ve felt a little like this:
Some days I wish nothing more than to be normal. To spend a weekend doing nothing – no expectations, no to-do’s weighing me down, ah…just to be normal again. Last night I wanted that so bad.
Mark has been travelling constantly. Flying out of Cincinnati in the morning, we decide to drive to N. KY to visit good friends. Running late & rushed – it’s snowing – then after 30 minutes of driving I forget my drivers license & have to go back. Pity party of one. Throwing a total b*tch fit. I’ve had enough & wanted to be normal for once.
Then I realized, I’ve had that before. There was a time when we had nothing to do on the weekends. No friends to see. Our jobs weren’t exciting. Saturdays spent at the Home Depot. And I remembered how BORING that was. Forget normal – normal is BORING.
I guess I realized as much as I complain about how crazy our lives have been these past 4 months, I wouldn’t have it any other way and if I’m being honest with myself, I LOVE my life better when it’s crazy, spontaneous, surprising, always changing, challenging, and new.
A month of no job was AWFUL. I wasn’t motivated. I wasn’t inspired. I got things done – but also spend 2 hours in Target one day for no reason at all. Who does that?
Yes, I’m busy at work but that was my choice – I want to be the BEST. And as fast as possible.
Yes, our calendars are packed. We’re busy. But I’m spending time with people I LOVE. Much of our reasons to move back is because of these very people. Being closer to our family & friends. We made that choice.
So I’m grateful for:
- friends & family who want to spend time with me
- a job at a company that is challenging & inspiring – and people I enjoy working with
- a roof over my head and a car to drive
- a husband who understands my crazy 🙂
It’s funny how you wish for something & whine about it, forgetting the very reasons you wanted it so bad. Reality check for me.
Next week I’m thrilled to find out if it’s a “niece” or “nephew”! Gabe & Carla’s gender party is going to be so much fun. Best of all? If I lived in Atlanta, no way we could be there. This is EXACTLY what we wanted 🙂