To follow in the footsteps on friend Mrs. Webb, I was inspired to create a list of things I REALLY want to do but haven’t…yet. I just CAN’T get these things done! Maybe it’s beacause they’re not pressing and aren’t required of me. Maybe it’s because all I can think about right now is work. Mark and I are very focused on our jobs right now. So this is a unique challenge… But either way, these are goals of mine that (someday) I wish to do.
- Create a photobook of each year of our lives together, kinda like a “year book” but in a glossy, bound book. I’ve finished 2008, but I haven’t ordered it yet. I guess I’m just waiting for the “right” day to do it. 🙂 Check out mypublisher.com for an idea of what I’m talking about!
- Make our wedding book. Yup, this is something that I still haven’t done yet. I have this vision of a beautiful leather bound book, but I havne’t even started to creat it yet. Eventually, yes…eventually.
- Read all the books I’ve bought and haven’t read yet. I buy them with all intention of reading them, but…you know.
- Update my ipod. I finally bought an ipod (used, mind you) and I don’t love about 75% of the music that came on it, but I honestly don’t know how to do it. Help! 🙂
- Get a GA drivers license. Maybe it’s because I dread those awful photos, or maybe because I’ve had 3 drivers licenses in the past 1.5 years (Aimee Smith: KY; Aimee Griffith: KY, Aimee Griffith: NC and soon-to-be #4: Aimee Griffith: GA) UGH. Moving is NOT as fun as it looks!
- Europe. Mark and I fantasize about going on a romantic venture through Europe, and we will, but not today. Eventually, just not yet!
- I want to paint…. I’ve always desired to light that fire in my again and start painting. Ideally, I would like to take classes to get me going. When could I ever find the time?
- Speaking of lessons, I REALLY want to take cooking classes. REALLY bad. Or at least lead myself through my Martha Steward book without going insane.
- Take a road trip. Yup. Mark and I really want to take a road trip. We’ll get to it, eventually. 😉
- Use a video camera. We got one for our birthday a couple of years ago but it stopped working. I really wish we used one more often because I love capturing everyday memories. I’m a memory keeper…can’t you tell?
- Go on a picnic.
- Make a HOME. Mark and I have moved around soo much lately. I really can’t wait to be able to hang up pictures, put a big “Griffith” doorknocker outside, put down some roots and have a place to call home. *sigh* Someday…
I think Rach was right about one thing. No matter how much we try, we can’t be perfect women. We all want to be, but sometimes we have to be a little glad that we’re not perfect. I think that no matter what, no matter how many responsibilities, demands, kids, jobs, etc… we’ll can always excel and get better, but we’ll never be perfect. *sigh* thank goodness! Being perfect sounds exhausting!!